I am a third year graduate student of Victor Ginzburg at the University of Chicago. My research interests lie in representation theory of algebraic groups and Lie algebras, and algebraic geometry. Currently I am thinking about Cherednik algebras in positive characteristic. I am grateful to be supported by the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship.
Here is a link to my
CV. My email is nikolayg at uchicago dot edu.
- On BBW parabolics for simple classical Lie superalgebras (with D. Grantcharov, D. Nakano, J. Wu), Advances in Mathematics, 381 (April 2021), 107647, 44 pages https://arxiv.org/abs/1810.06980.
- Extension quiver for Lie superalgebra q(3) (with V. Serganova), SIGMA 16 (2020), 141, 32 pages https://arxiv.org/abs/2008.10649.
- Soergel's theorems via wall-crossing functors: Topic proposal discussed with V. Ginzburg, February 2021, pdf.
- Galois Representations valued in reductive groups and their centralizers: University of Michigan REU project supervised with T. Kaletha, September 2018, pdf.
- University of Chicago
- Winter 2022, Instructor, Math 132, Calculus II.
- Fall 2021, Instructor, Math 131, Calculus I.
- Spring 2021: College fellow, Math 259 Honors Basic Algebra III, taught by F. Calegari.
- Winter 2021: College fellow, Math 244 Introduction to Algebraic Geometry, taught by S. Filip.
- Fall 2020: College fellow, Math 254 Basic Algebra I, taught by P. Tosteson.
- Summer 2020: REU mentor for J. Yang Super five of Ramsey theory and G. Graham The ring of symmetric polynomials.
- AwesomeMath Summer Program (AMSP)
- Instructor: 2017-- Present. AMSP is a Summer program for gifted high school students training for USAMO and IMO. Taught intermediate (Euclidean) Geometry and Algebra courses. Developed course curriculum and wrote course notes for new Geometry course (2021).
- TA: 2014 -- 2016. Ran problem sessions, held office hours, graded exams.
Invited Conference Talks
- Workshop on Supergeometry, Fields Institute, Toronto, Ontario, "Finite-dimensional representations of the queer Lie supergroup Q(n)" (25 minutes), March 21, 2022.Slides Video
- Southeast Lie Theory XII, Charleston, South Carolina, ''BBW parabolics for classical Lie superalgebras" (15 mins), October 16, 2021, Slides.
- Representation Theory and Integrable Systems conference, Zurich, Switzerland, ''Extension quiver for Lie superalgebra q(3)" (15 mins), August 14, 2019, Slides.
- UChicago student representation theory seminar, ''Haiman's proof of the n! conjecture, parts I and II'', (90 mins each), October 20 and 27, 2021.
- Columbia University student seminar on category O (online), "Projective Functors" (90 mins), April 2, 2021.
- Columbia University student seminar on category O (online), "Parabolic Category O" (90 mins), February 12, 2021.
- Superalgebra Theory and Representations seminar (online), Weizmann institute, "Finite-dimensional representation theory of the queer Lie superalgebra q(n)" (75 mins), December 2, 2020.
- Columbia University student seminar on category O (online), "Translation functors for BGG category O'' (90 mins), September 18, 2020, Notes.
- Math Monday undergraduate seminar, U. C. Berkeley, ''Symmetric Polynomials and Representation Theory" (60 mins), April 22, 2019, Slides.
- Global Langlands over function fields seminar, U. C. Berkeley, ''Excursion operators" (90 mins), April 4, 2019.
- Quantized symplectic singularities and applications to Lie theory, MIT, Cambridge, MA, June 13-17, 2022.
- Workshop on Supergeometry and Bracket Structures, Fields Institute, Toronto, Ontario, March 21-25, 2022
- Lie Theory and Poisson Geometry, CIRM, Marseilles, France, January 10-14, 2022.
- Springest in honor of Vera Serganova , online, April 25-May 13, 2021.
- Graduate Summer School on Geometry and Modular Representation Theory of Algebraic Groups, Stony Brook, NY, August 19-23, 2019.
- Representation Theory and Integrable Systems, Zurich, Switzerland, August 12-16, 2019.
- Michigan Representation Stability Week, Ann Arbor, MI, August 13-17, 2018.
- Representation Theory Day in Quebec City, Quebec City, Quebec, July 29, 2017
- Mathematical Congress of the Americas, Montreal, Quebec, July 24-28, 2017.