I am a second year graduate student in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Chicago, advised by Benson Farb. Most recently, I've been thinking about the topology of 4-manifolds and their mapping class groups. Previously, I was an undergraduate at Cornell University.
You can contact me at seraphina at math dot uchicago dot edu. Here is my CV.
- Cohomology of the Universal Abelian Surface with Applications to Arithmetic Statistics, 2020. [arXiv] [pdf]
- Spectral Decimation for Families of Self-Similar Symmetric Laplacians on the Sierpinski Gasket, with Sizhen Fang, Dylan A. King, and Robert S. Strichartz. J. Fractal Geom., 7 (1) (2020): 1-62. [arXiv] [pdf] [code] [data]
- Winter 2021: College fellow, Math 258: Honors Basic Algebra II, taught by Lucia Mocz
- Past teaching
- Topology of Moduli Spaces with Applications to Arithmetic Statistics: my topic proposal advised by Benson Farb, November 2020, [pdf]
- Mostow Rigidity: a final project for a Riemannian geometry class taught by Amie Wilkinson, June 2020, [pdf]
- sgn(a_p) and Isogeny Classes of Elliptic Curves: my undergraduate senior thesis advised by Ravi Ramakrishna, April 2019, [pdf]
Notes/slides from talks:
- Knots Which Behave Like the Prime Numbers: June 2020, [slides].
- Spectral Decimation for Families of Self-Similar Symmetric Laplacians on the Sierpinski Gasket: JMM, January 2019, [slides].
- Rational Points on Elliptic Curves: Cornell Undergraduate Math Club, November 2018, [notes].
- Spectral Decimation for Families of Laplacians on the Sierpinski Gasket: Cornell Undergraduate Math Club, November 2017, [slides].
(last updated February 22, 2021.)