Sean Howe. seanpkh AT gmail DOT com. My CV.
A non-trivial (follow the orange line!) monodromy of the 27 lines on a cubic surface coming from a symmetry of the Clebsch cubic.
Who are you, anyway?
I am a fifth year (2016-2017) PhD student in mathematics at the University of
Chicago; my advisor is Matt Emerton. In July 2012 I received a joint master's degree from Leiden University
and Universite Paris-Sud 11 through the ALGANT integrated masters course.
E-mail: seanpkh AT gmail DOT com.
Office: TAAC 27.
(This is me in September 2016 on Maui. Unfortunately, you're more likely to find me in my office.)
What's your deal?I am interested in arithmetic geometry, algebraic geometry, and number theory. My main areas of research are
In the past (and maybe again in the future!) I've also worked on
What are you working on now?
p-adic automorphic forms and the p-adic geometry of Shimura varieties
arithmetic statistics and representation stability
- Motivic random variable and representation stability II: Hypersurface sections. arXiv:1610.05720
- Motivic random variable and representation stability I: Configuration Spaces. arXiv:1610.05723
What else have you done?
Older papers, etc.:
- Presentations of quaternionic S-unit groups. With T. Chinburg, H. Friedlander, M. Kosters, B. Singh, M. Stover, P. Ziegler, and
Y. Zhang. Experimental Mathematics, Volume 24, Issue 2, 2015. arXiv:1404.6091
- Higher genus counterexamples to relative Manin-Mumford. Master's
thesis. Available online.
- The Log-Convex Density Conjecture and vertical surface area in warped
products. Advances in Geometry, 15.4:455--468, 2015. arXiv:1107.4402
- Asymptotics of conductors of elliptic curves over Q. With Kirti Joshi. arXiv:1201.4566
Note: This is an older project that has gone through several iterations and is still in revision, but is on the back burner and may never be finished.
problems in sectors with density. With Alexander Diaz, Nate Harman, and David Thompson. Advances in Geometry, 14.4:589--619, 2012.
- Steiner and Schwarz symmetrization in
warped products and fiber bundles with density. With Frank Morgan and Nate Harman. Revista Matematica Iberoamericana,
27(3):909--918, 2011. arXiv:0911.1938
- Isoperimetric inequalities
for wave fronts and a generalization of Menzin's conjecture for bicycle monodromy
on surfaces of constant curvature. With Matt Pancia and Valentin Zakharevich. Advances in Geometry, 11:273--292, 2011.
Links to seminars/reading groups:
Spring 2015 No Theory Seminar
Winter 2015 No Theory Seminar
Fall 2014 No Theory Seminar
Spring 2014 Student NT Seminar -- On Scholze's "Langland-Kottwitz approach for..." papers
Winter 2014 Scholze Reading Group.
Fall 2013 p-adic cohomology Reading Group.
Summer 2013 Hodge Theory Reading Group.