The VCA will grade the homework. The instructor will grade the tests. Unofficial university policy dictates that homework should comprise at most 10% of the final grade.
25%: Midterm 1
25%: Midterm 2
40%: Final Exam
My goal is for everyone to learn and succeed. If necessary final grades will be curved.
1. The midterms will take place during class and be 80 minutes long. The final will be 120 minutes long.
2. The final exam must occur at the time and place designated on the College Final Exam Schedule. In particular, no final exams may be given during the tenth week of the quarter, except in the case of graduating seniors.
3. Instructors are not permitted to excuse students from the scheduled time of the final exam except in the case of an Incomplete.
4. Incompletes are rarely given, and only for cases of extreme personal tragedy.
5. Make-up exams will never be given (except in situations covered by university policy).
1. Homework will be due every day that class meets (including midterm days).
2. Since homework problems will often be discussed in class on the due date, it's important to turn in homework at the beginning of class.
3. Please be kind to the VCA and staple your homework.
4. It's important to write legibly. Illegible solutions cannot be awarded points unfortunately.
5. Working in groups is good. Copying solutions is bad. Plagarism will be punished severely.
Please contact me if any of the following apply:
1. You require accomodations for a disability.
2. You are taking this course in order to finish an Incomplete.
3. You are graduating at the end of the quarter.
4. You (at any point in the quarter) would prefer that I call you by a different name or use different pronouns to refer to you.