Minimal Surfaces Spring 2014
Instructor: Danny Calegari
Tu-Th 1:30-2:50 Eckhart 202
Description of course:
This course is an introduction to minimal surfaces and their topological applications.
There will be no class Tuesday April 8 or Thursday April 10.
The skeleton of the syllabus is the following.
- Classical theory of minimal surfaces in 3-dimensional Euclidean space
- Weierstrass parameterization, isothermal coordinates
- Immersed and embedded minimal surfaces in 3-manifolds
- Stable minimal surfaces, curvature bounds
- Compactness, singularities, topological applications
Notes from class:
Notes from class will be posted online here
and updated as we go along (last updated 5/15/2017).
There is no textbook for the course, but the following references are useful.