Kleinian Groups Spring 2015
Instructor: Danny Calegari
Tu-Th 1:30-2:50; Eckhart 202
Description of course:
This course is an introduction to Kleinan groups and hyperbolic 3-manifolds.
There will be no class on Thursday April 9.
The skeleton of the syllabus is the following.
- Models of hyperbolic spaces and their symmetries
- Examples of hyperbolic manifolds; Poincare's polyhedron theorem
- Rigidity and the thick-thin decomposition
- Quasiconformal deformations and geometrically finite manifolds
- Hyperbolization for Haken manifolds
- Shrinkwrapping and tameness
- Ending laminations
Notes from class and downloads:
Notes from class will be posted online here and updated as we go along (notes updated 5/21/2015).
The following references are just suggestions:
Kleinian group visualizer github page